Knife Gate Valve
Product Details :
|Minimum Order Quantity :||01 Piece|
|Size Range:||DN 50 (2”) to DN 1200 (48”)|
|Applicable Standards:||AWWA C520-14 / MSS SP-81|
|Pressure Rating||PN3 (45 PSI), PN6 (90 PSI) and PN10 (150 PSI) depending upon housing material, primarily for liquid applications.|
|Temperature Range :||-20°C to 250°C|
|Flange drilling :||ASME B16.5/ASME B16.47 #150 / BS-EN 1092 PN 10 / PN 16|
|Mode of operations :||Manual, chain wheel, pneumatic, electric actuator and Hydraulic|
Product Description :
A knife gate valve is a type of valve used to regulate the flow of fluid or material in a pipeline. As the name suggests, it has a flat or sharpened blade or gate that is used to cut through the fluid or material, allowing it to pass through the valve or stopping the flow completely.
Knife gate valves are commonly used in industries such as mining, pulp and paper, chemical processing, wastewater treatment, and food processing. They are typically used in applications where fluids or materials contain solids or fibrous matter, as the blade or gate design allows for easy flow control without getting clogged.
The body of a knife gate valve can be made from a variety of materials, such as cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, or plastic. The gate or blade can also be made from various materials depending on the application, including stainless steel, polyurethane, or rubber.
Overall, knife gate valves are a reliable and cost-effective solution for flow control in pipelines where fluids or materials contain solids or fibrous matter.
Both types can be used in applications involving :
Non-flammable viscous fluids
Knife gate valves are known for their durability, reliability, and versatility. Some of the key features of knife gate valves include:
1. Body Design - Knife gate valves are typically constructed with a one-piece body, which enhances their strength and durability. They are available in a variety of materials, including cast iron, ductile iron, stainless steel, and various alloys, to suit the needs of different applications.
2. Blade Design - The blade of a knife gate valve is flat and rectangular in shape, which allows it to effectively cut through and shut off the flow of fluid in a pipeline. The blade is designed to be sharp and durable, which helps to prevent clogging and ensure reliable performance.
3. Bonnet Design - The bonnet of a knife gate valve is designed to protect the internal components of the valve from damage. It also helps to ensure a tight seal, preventing leaks and reducing the risk of environmental contamination.
4. Seal Design - Knife gate valves are designed with a seal that prevents fluid from leaking around the blade. The seal is typically made of an elastomeric material, such as rubber or silicone, which provides a flexible and durable barrier against fluid leaks.
5. Actuation Options - Knife gate valves can be manually operated, or they can be automated with the use of actuators such as pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders. Automated knife gate valves can be integrated with control systems, allowing for remote operation and improved efficiency.
6. Flow Characteristics - Knife gate valves are known for their ability to handle large flows of fluid and solid-laden substances. They are also designed to be bi-directional, allowing for flow control in both directions.
These are some of the key features of knife gate valves. They are designed to be durable, reliable, and versatile, making them a popular choice in many industrial applications.
Knife gate valves have several advantages that make them a popular choice in many industrial applications. Some of the most notable advantages of knife gate valves include:
1. Durability - Knife gate valves are designed to handle abrasive and corrosive materials, making them a suitable choice for many industrial applications.
2. Versatility - Knife gate valves can be used in a variety of applications, from controlling the flow of liquids, gases, and slurry-like substances, to handling high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
3. Ease of Maintenance - Knife gate valves are relatively simple in design, making them easy to repair and maintain. They also have few moving parts, reducing the likelihood of failure and the need for frequent repairs.
4. Reliability - Knife gate valves are known for their reliability, making them a dependable choice in many industrial applications. They are also designed to prevent clogging, which can reduce downtime and increase efficiency.
5. Cost-effective - Knife gate valves are a cost-effective solution for many industrial applications. They are typically less expensive than other types of valves, while still offering excellent performance and durability.
6. Bi-directional flow - Knife gate valves have the ability to regulate the flow of fluid in both directions, making them a versatile choice for many applications.
7. Easy to Automate - Knife gate valves are easy to automate, which can increase efficiency and reduce the need for manual labor. They can be integrated with other control systems and can be operated remotely.
These are just a few of the many advantages of knife gate valves. They are a cost-effective, versatile, and reliable choice for many industrial applications, making them an important component in many industrial processes.
Knife gate valves are widely used in a variety of industries due to their ability to handle liquids, gases, and slurry-like substances that contain solids. Some common applications of knife gate valves include:
1. Mining - Knife gate valves are used in the mining industry to control the flow of slurry in pipelines. They are durable enough to handle the abrasive nature of mining slurry and can be constructed of materials that are resistant to corrosion caused by acidic or alkaline substances.
2. Wastewater Treatment - Knife gate valves are commonly used in wastewater treatment plants to control the flow of sewage and other wastewater. They are able to handle high-viscosity liquids, and can prevent clogging in pipelines.
3. Pulp and Paper Production - In the pulp and paper industry, knife gate valves are used to control the flow of slurry containing fibers and other solids.
4. Power Generation - Knife gate valves are used in power plants to control the flow of steam, water, and other fluids. They are often used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications where other types of valves may not be suitable.
5. Food Processing - Knife gate valves are used in food processing plants to control the flow of liquids and slurries containing food products. They are often made of materials that are safe for use in food processing and are easy to clean to prevent contamination.
6. Chemical Processing - Knife gate valves are used in chemical processing plants to control the flow of liquids and slurries containing chemicals. They are often constructed of materials that are resistant to chemical corrosion and can handle high-pressure applications.
These are just a few examples of the many applications of knife gate valves. They are versatile and durable, making them a popular choice in many industries.
Additional Information :
Port of Dispatch : Ahmedabad, India.
Production Capacity : As per order.
Delivery Time : As per order.
Packaging Details : Export/cargo packing.